Wednesday, October 17, 2012



This is my 500th post since I started this blog - so a milestone of sorts. Activity has not been as great this year as in the past, but I am still here and still at it. It is now four years old and since I began counting visitors after the first year the count is now 133.347. The blog seems to have grown its readership from a very small number at the beginning to over 5,000 a month. Thank you for your support.

To mark the occasion I want to tell you about this book which we published last week - I Grew Up in Wolverton. We have used the medium of Facebook to gather a number of conversations about various aspects of growing up in this town. The period spans about 50 years, from memories from the 1940s to the 1990s. Back in January I asked Ruth Edwards to compile the material for this book and we have spent the last six weeks editing the material. We are quite pleased with the result, a 280 page paperback.  The conversations are lively and funny but above all capture the essence of growing up in Wolverton as some of the tiniest details are remembered.
I am very biased of course, but I do recommend that you buy the book. Click on the book and it will link you to another site where you can find out more.

No comments: