The streets south of the Stratford Road, later known as the "Little Streets" were built mostly in 1840 and survived for 120 years.
The streets were Creed Street (which still survives) Ledsam Street, Glyn Square and Young Street.
Thomas Young remains obscure. He was a director of the L & BR and sat on a number of committees, which suggests that he was a hard working director. Unfortunately there were many Thomas Youngs, quite a number of whom were well-to-do and not one of them stands out as the Thomas Young of the L & BR.