Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Facebook and Wolverton

I haven't been doing much blogging of late, partly (but not entirely) because I have been adding to and commenting on the Facebook page "I grew up in Wolverton, Milton Keynes". The group was started by Faye Elizabeth Lloyd from a later generation than mine about two years ago. It started modestly enough as these things do and maintained a steady state for some time. Recently, it has taken off and become a lively board for discussion and reminiscence. I think there are now in excess of 500 members of the group. So if you haven't discovered it I recommend that you do. It's good reading for everyone interested in Wolverton - fun too.

If you have a Facebook account you can find the group easily enough. If not, then I'm afraid you will have to join Facebook.

3 comments:

Heather Kavanagh said...

This must be a parting of the ways, then. I killed my Facebook account earlier this year, and refuse to sign up to it again. Oh, well. It's been fun.

Bryan Dunleavy said...

I know, I know! We can't escape the grip of the corporate world.
But in case you misunderstood, I am not abandoning this blog. I have lots more to say and there's still a pile of things to be researched, and there are several interesting items from the Facebook page that will find their way onto this blog.
Traffic on this blog is increasing at an apparently exponential rate, (it took two years to get to 1,000 page views a month, the another six months to get to 2,000, then it was 4,000 and now over 10,000) so I am unlikely to abandon it at this stage. Blogging has been light for the past 6 weeks but when I get some other projects out of the way I can return to full blogging mode.

Heather Kavanagh said...

Ah, okay. I'll still be following here.

*breathes a sigh of relief*