The Methodists in Wolverton at first met in a colleagues home or went to Stony Stratford. Within a few years the Reading Room was converted for their use on Sunday and in 1870 a new church chapel was opened at the eastern end of Church Street. This was redevloped and enlarged in 1892 - the building you see here in this photograph.
This building is no longer used, but the twentieth century West End Methodist Chapel on Church Street at the corner of Anson Road is still in use.
History of Emmanuel Hall
In 1922 a group of evangelical Christians, who had formed themselves into a church and who were meeting together in a rented upstairs room in the back way between Church Street and Stratford Road, decided to acquire a permanent place of worship. They purchased two adjacent properties in Church Street and built a meeting room across the rear gardens. This small meeting place, originally known as Emmanuel Chapel, was later referred to as a gospel hall rather than a chapel, but today it is called Emmanuel Hall.