Thursday, December 16, 2010

Growing up in Wolverton - Life in the 1940s and 50s

In February, David Marks sent me a draft of his recollections of his years growing up in our small town. It came to me as a continuous narrative but I decided to post it on this blog in nine parts.

Recently I have checked the viewing stats and a rather strange pattern has emerged. There are a lot of readers for Part I and an almost equal number for Part VI; the parts in between have not registered. I'm a bit puzzled by this. I can understand people reading the first part and not bothering to go on (and I expect David would understand this too) but it makes less sense for readers to rush ahead to Part VI without, apparently, looking at the intervening chapters.

So in case there are readers who would like to read the continuous narrative and couldn't find it, I am posting the links here. Those of us who remember the "old" Wolverton will find much to entertain and nourish our memories.

Growing up in Wolverton - Part 1 Sunday Walks

Growing up in Wolverton - Part II  Growing Years

Growing up in Wolverton - Part III School Days

Growing up in Wolverton - Part IV Romantic Interludes

Growing up in Wolverton - Part V  Fun and Games

Growing up in Wolverton - Part VI The War and its Aftermath

Growing up in Wolverton - Part VII  College Life

Growing up in Wolverton - Part VIII A Proper Job

Growing up in Wolverton - Part IX Adventures in the Car Industry

No comments: