John Edy, in his will dated at Malletts, 20 September 1487, desired to be buried in the churchyard of St. Mary Magdalene, in Stony Stratford, and bequeathed various sums as follows :
Ad opus Scti. Egidii 6s. 8d.;
to the carver for making the roof of St. Mary Magdalene chancel, £5;
towards making the gabell window, 40s.;
to St. Giles' steeple, 40s., and if not made m two years the 40s. to go to St. Ann's Isle, at Bradwell. (The "Isle" or aisle at Bradwell was a chapel at the Priory.)John Edy founded a gild in 1481. The house was on the edge of St Mary Magdalene churchyard, approximately at the end of Vicarage Rooad today. The Stony Stratford circa 1680 map shows its location and the fields which by this time had become attached to the house - a kind of sub-manor.
The house and the land were purchased in the 19th century by William Golby. In 1830 he pulled down the mansion and retained a barn. In 1865 this barn was renovated, a second story added, and converted into a house known as "The Ring" taking its name from the adjacent land where horses were broken in.There were quite a few acres associated with the house as can be seen from the map.